Fall is almost here! It’s almost sweater season! Time to wear all my summer dresses now while I still can!
I added the Black Crane Linen Cocoon Dress to my dress lineup, and for the most part it’s been a great summer dress even if it is a big longer than I expected it to be. I’m 5’6″, I ordered a Small and I feel like it hits at kind of an uncomfortable part of my calves right above the ankle.
The shape is also actually the opposite of hourglass– it’s more of a football-ish shape really since it’s cinched in at the bottom, which wouldn’t be an issue for me if it wasn’t so long. If I don’t wear a belt with it, it feels incredibly like a nightgown. A comfortable nightgown, but still a nightgown. I wear it with my Elizabeth Suzann leather belt and I feel like it solves that problem, but I might try hemming it at some point to make it shorter because I do love the idea of the cocoon shape on it’s own.
I did add a few more pieces to my wardrobe this season than I originally hoped, but not for a lack of trying. I feel like the pieces I’ve added have all been uniquely me and filled a spot in my wardrobe that I was hoping to fill. And after all– isn’t the point of all this to forgive yourself, be happy, and make peace with your wardrobe?
– Black Crane Cocoon dress purchased via Garmentory, use this link for $20 off your first purchase
– Elizabeth Suzann belt purchased here
– Young Frankk necklace sold out on site, available here
– Everlane bag purchased here, if you use this link, get $25 off your first purchase plus free shipping
– Eileen Fisher slide sandals available here